Jar size: 4 oz.
Suggested adult usage: Apply as needed to affected areas (up to 4-6 times daily). **Should not be applied to deep wounds.
Approximate supply: depends on usage
Comfrey Root has been used around the world for hundreds of years for the treatment of injuries and pain. Now, Hope for Health has formulated a high-quality, super-potent comfrey root herbal infused repairing balm. If you suffer from pain, either from injury or a chronic condition, Comfort Cream can give you the “comfort” you’ve been looking for. Comfort Cream will soothe the skin, decrease recovery time, improve joint mobility, and reduce: pain, inflammation, swelling, and discomfort.
Comfort Cream Can Be Used For:
- Sports injuries (sprains & strains)
- Knee and back pain/injuries
- Bruises and poor circulation
- Joint pain/decreased mobility
- Tissue damage/poor skin tone/skin problems
- Joint/bone/cartilage injuries
In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 142 people with acute ankle sprain, use of comfrey cream for only 8 days significantly enhanced the rate of recovery.
Studies have shown that comfrey root can cause cells to divide at an increased rate, thus stimulating cell growth and tissue repair. This is why it is so beneficial for improving skin conditions and the overall look and tone of the skin!
Did you know?
• Traditionally, comfrey was known as “knit bone” and “bruisewort” for its ability to help hasten recovery of broken bones, sprains, strains, and bruises. In addition to helping the bones, it can also reduce the occurrence and severity of scar tissue.
• Cosmetic companies make use of comfrey’s valuable skin benefits by adding it to bath oils, shampoos, conditioners, and skin creams.
Our Comfort Cream formula includes 3 powerful ingredients: Comfrey Root Essential Oil, Olive Oil, and Beeswax! The formula is simple, yet highly effective! Try it, and see!!
100% pure and highly concentrated Comfrey Root Essential Oil:
• Reduces pain, inflammation, and discomfort from sprains, strains, and bruising. Particularly helpful in accelerating recovery of broken bones and painful joints.
Cold Pressed, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Soothes irritations, hydrates the skin, and relieves itching and the effects of stings and burns. In the ancient world, olive oil was seen as a soothing and pain-relieving ointment, even straight out of the bottle. It was used to soothe painful joints and muscles, and to hasten skin recovery.
• Olive oil was also used as a vehicle for other herbal applications (like in our Comfort Cream). The ancients felt that applying medicine was as powerful as swallowing it. We may not see our skin as an entry point into our bodies, but it is. Just like nicotine patches transmit nicotine into the body, herbal preparations can be introduced via the same route! The ancients knew this and took advantage of it. First they infused the ingredients in oil. This means they placed the herb (such as comfrey) in a bowl of olive oil and let it infuse for a period of time. They then applied the infused oil to the body, with the benefits of the herb having been absorbed by the oil and transferred to the skin! Olive oil is a particularly good “vehicle”, or mover of compounds into the body, as it soaks right into the skin. Apply a patch of olive oil on your arm and within a few hours it will have been absorbed entirely. Olive oil does not evaporate, so you know where it has gone! Keep this in mind as you use other lotions, balms, and soaps. The skin is very adept at absorbing what we put on it. Make sure you’re putting only pure and natural products on your body’s largest organ!!
• Olive oil is extremely safe and gentle, delicate enough for even a baby’s sensitive skin!
• Olive oil contains phytosterols, which are quite similar to cortical steroids, the products commonly used to reduce inflammation. Likewise, these phytosterols are natural anti-inflammatories, which is why olive oil applied topically, or to the skin, can help an inflamed, painful joints feel better.
100% Natural Beeswax
• Beeswax is known to lock in moisture, strengthen cells, and protect the skin from damaging environmental factors. Beeswax effectively softens the skin and creates a long-lasting protective coating against the elements. It is also a naturally nourishing moisturizer. Beeswax anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-allergenic, and germicidal antioxidant properties make it beneficial for skin regeneration and wound repair.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.