Turmeric Root – 90 capsules
Suggested Adult Usage: Take 1 capsule 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
Preparations of Turmeric contain different ratios of curcuminoids and vary in effectiveness. You don’t want a cheap formula; you will just be flushing your money away! Hope for Health’s Turmeric has 90 capsules with 400 mg of 95% pure curcuminoids that are fast-acting, long-lasting and highly absorbable. This is the best available, most potent product on the market today!
According to the Journal of the American Chemical Society, turmeric contains a wide range of antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also loaded with many healthy nutrients such as protein, dietary fiber, niacin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, sodium, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium and zinc. Due to all these factors, turmeric is often used to help a wide variety of health problems.
Turmeric Benefits Include:
- Powerful anti-inflammatory effects that may help to relieve painful joints and other inflammatory conditions.
- A powerful antioxidant – antioxidants scavenge molecules in the body known as free radicals, which damage cell membranes, tamper with DNA, and even cause cell death. Antioxidants can fight free radicals and may reduce some of the damage they cause.
- It may boost levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which increases the growth of new neurons and fights various degenerative processes in the brain.
- Has been shown to lead to several changes on the molecular level that may help eliminate unhealthy cell growth and promote healthy cell growth.
- It is an antiseptic and helps eliminate yeast and parasites.
- Stimulating the gallbladder to produce bile, which may help improve digestion. The German Commission E, which determines which herbs can be safely prescribed in Germany, has approved turmeric for digestive problems. And one double blind, placebo-controlled study found that turmeric reduced symptoms of bloating and gas in people suffering from indigestion.
Turmeric has shown some effectiveness in helping with digestive disorders, and there is some suggestion it helps to promote healthy cell growth. In one study of human saliva, Turmeric interfered with cell signals that drive the growth of unhealthy cells, according to the 2011 study published in a Clinical Research Journal.
Turmeric may also help prevent bone loss. In a 2010 study, researchers induced menopause symptoms in rats, because menopause often leads to bone loss. Half of the rats were then given Turmeric. The rats given Turmeric showed up to 50 percent less bone loss during the two-month experiment, according to the study, published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
Early studies suggested that turmeric might help prevent the buildup of plaque that can block arteries and lead to severe problems. In animal studies, an extract of turmeric helped to maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Because it stops platelets from clumping together, turmeric may also prevent blood clots from building up along the walls of arteries.
One of the most comprehensive summaries of turmeric studies to date was published by the respected ethnobotanist James A. Duke, PhD., in the October 2007 issue of Alternative & Complementary Therapies, and summarized in the July, 2008, issue of the American Botanical Council publication HerbClip.
Reviewing some 700 studies, Duke concluded that turmeric appears to outperform many pharmaceuticals in its effects against several chronic, debilitating issues, such as age-related brain deficiencies, unhealthy cell growth and inflammation and does so with virtually no adverse side effects.
Some forms of sadness and other mood disorders may respond to turmeric, according to the University of Syracuse Food Services. A study published in the October 2012 issue of the “Journal of Psychopharmacology” found that turmeric improves the activity of serotonin and dopamine, two brain neurotransmitters that are often deficient in patients with mood disorders. Turmeric improves function in areas of the brain responsible for reacting to stress. Turmeric also protects against damage to the energy-producing parts of cells, which commonly occurs in these disorders. Researchers concluded that Turmeric might be a useful natural alternative to conventional medications.
“Turmeric is great! I have been using it for 6 months now, let me tell you; there is no more joint pain, back pain, swelling of the feet, bloating or indigestion!” T.H.
“Turmeric is a powerhouse herb for sure! It is the best herb I have ever used, my face has never been clearer, and my overall health is much much better!” J.K.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.