Olive Leaf Extract – 90 capsules
Bottle size: 90 capsules
Suggested adult usage: 1 capsule, three times a day on an empty stomach (otherwise with food if not tolerated well).
Approximate supply: 30 days
While olive oil is well known for its flavor and health benefits, the leaf has been found to have a vast number of health-promoting benefits as well! Considered a powerful immuno-stimulator and seasonal sickness buster, researchers have discovered that Olive Leaf is very beneficial for individuals looking to increase energy levels, boost their immune system, fight infections, improve skin health, and maintain healthy cholesterol levels!
- Weight: 1.00 Ounces
Out of stock
Some of the benefits of Olive Leaf Extract:
- Strengthens immune response at the cellular level
- Aids the organs that filter out harmful substances and foreign invaders
- Supports healthy skin
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Protects against free radical damage
Olive Leaf and the Immune System
Olive Leaf Extract bolsters the body’s overall immune system, which is continually confronted by germs and unforeseen microscopic substances. These invisible foreign particles (which attack the body) are in the air, in our food, and on every surface we touch. They can infiltrate our bodies through our ears, noses, mouths, eyes, and damaged skin. Upon exposure to Olive Leaf Extract these microscopic invaders are destroyed and eliminated via the lymphatic system. In fact using Olive Leaf Extract daily can help fight off illness and build a strong immune system.
The active ingredient in olive leaf is oleuropein, a chemical found in the bark, roots, leaves, and fruit of the olive tree. This compound has broad-spectrum fighting abilities which work against a variety of pathogens while helping boost energy levels and easing pain, which help you start feeling better as soon as it begins fighting the bug.
Another constituent, elenolic acid, helps protect the olive tree by warding off insects and other outside contaminants that could cause damage. In our bodies, elenolic acid helps sustain a healthy immune system and helps balance the good bacteria levels. Elenolic acid also counteracts fungi/yeast which can overburden the immune system and cause fatigue or exhaustion. In addition, Olive Leaf Extract offers nutrients which aid detoxification of the cells, especially during stressful periods.
An important thing that you should know is that taking a multivitamin with Olive Leaf Extract (and also with other herbal extracts and specialty nutrients) has been shown to increase the health benefits many times over, compared to just taking the herbal supplement alone.
Olive Leaf and Antioxidants
Free radicals are bad; they cause oxidation and can leave the body vulnerable to advanced aging, cardiovascular problems, and a host of degenerative conditions. They can be caused by many factors, including: pollution, stress, poor diet, alcohol, and smoke. An easy way to understand oxidation is to imagine rust attacking metal. When the rust eats away at the metal, the metal starts to weaken and decay until it can no longer work. This is what happens to our body when free radicals attack it. Organs, cells, and other parts of the body can be weakened and decayed by oxidation.
This is where antioxidants come in! Antioxidants keep the free radicals in our bodies in check, so they can’t cause excessive oxidation, which can cause many serious health problems. Olive Leaf Extract contains 12 proven antioxidants that have been shown to “scavenge” free radicals even more than vitamin C, green tea, and grape seed extract (three of the top free radical scavengers known)!
What is an ORAC score?
An Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) score is a test that measures the antioxidant levels of food and other chemical substances. If a food has a high ORAC score, it means the food is high in antioxidants and is better at helping us fight the oxidation that could lead to serious health problems!
Antioxidants in Olive Leaf
• Hydroxytyrosol is believed to be one of the most powerful antioxidants science has found to date! In fact, its ORAC score is 40,000 units, which is ten times higher than green tea! To give you an idea of how good this is, think of the recommended “5-a-day” fruit and vegetable servings we’re supposed to get. While different types of fruits and vegetables have different ORAC scores, on average, these 5 servings will give you a score of about 1,750 units. Olive Leaf provides over 22 times this amount!
• Another potent antioxidant found in Olive Leaf is polyphenol. While often associated with grapes, this compound is well-known for it’s activity in preventing or reducing the negative effects of free radicals which are associated with numerous inflammatory and stress-related health conditions.
• Olive Leaf is rich in the powerful antioxidant, oleuropein, which helps: boost energy levels, ease pain, promote healthy blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and fight microbes.
FACT: In the Middle East, olive leaf tea has been used over many centuries for sore throat, coughs, fevers, infections, painful joints, and to improve overall health!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.