Vitamin D3 – 90 capsules
Bottle size: 90 capsules
Suggested adult usage: 1-2 capsules daily with food.
Approximate supply: 45-90 days
With fast-paced lifestyles and increased fear of the skin- damaging effects of the sun, many people today may suffer from a Vitamin D3 deficiency. Since few foods offer adequate Vitamin D3, natural supplementation is a practical way to ensure an adequate level of this important nutrient is always available in your bloodstream.
- Weight: 2.00 Ounces
FACTS about Vitamin D3:
1. As a steroid hormone, Vitamin D3 plays an important role in emotional development and gross motor coordination.
2. According to a study published in Volume 64, Issue 5, “The Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology,” Vitamin D3 helps with skin conditions because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Vitamin D3 aids in wound repair by helping prevent infections inside the wounds.
4. In a study published in Volume 363, Issue 9405, of “The Lancet,” it was found that those deficient in Vitamin D were more likely to suffer from burn injuries caused by sun exposure. The study also stated that Vitamin D3 was useful for accelerating healing of a burn injury once it has occurred. Vitamin D3 can help rejuvenate the skin and improve skin tone.
5. A study conducted in the University of Auckland in New Zealand, published in the December 2005 edition of “Chest” found a link between levels of Vitamin D3 and lung function; the higher levels present, the better the lungs performed.
6. Vitamin D3 promotes healthy teeth and bones in both children and adults. It enhances calcium absorption, improves bone mass, and aids bone building.
Afraid of the Sun?
Super antioxidants greatly boost your body’s ability to handle sunlight without burning. Astaxanthin (from algae) is one of the most powerful “internal sunscreens” and can allow you to stay under the sun twice as long without burning. Other powerful antioxidants in superfruits like Acai, pomegranates, and blueberries have this same ability.
Did You Know?
1.Vitamin D is produced by your skin in response to exposure to ultraviolet radiation from natural sunlight. Sunlight exposure is the only reliable way to produce Vitamin D in your own body.
2.The healing rays of natural sunlight (that generate Vitamin D in your skin) cannot penetrate glass. So you don’t generate Vitamin D when sitting in your car or home.
3.It is nearly impossible to get adequate amounts of Vitamin D from your diet. A person would have to drink ten tall glasses of Vitamin D fortified milk each day just to get minimum levels of Vitamin D into their diet (not to mention the negative effects of consuming dairy products).
4.The further you live from the equator, the longer exposure you need to the sun in order to generate Vitamin D. Canada, the UK and most U.S. States are far from the equator.
5.People with dark skin pigmentation may need 20 – 30 times as much exposure to sunlight as fair-skinned people to make the same amount of Vitamin D.
6.Sufficient levels of Vitamin D are crucial for calcium absorption. Without adequate Vitamin D, your body cannot absorb calcium, rendering calcium supplements useless.
7.Chronic Vitamin D deficiency cannot be reversed overnight: it takes months of Vitamin D supplementation and sunlight exposure to rebuild the body’s bones and nervous system.
8.Even weak sunscreens (SPF=8) block your body’s ability to generate Vitamin D by 95%. This is how sunscreen products actually cause disease — by creating a critical vitamin deficiency in the body.
9.It is impossible to generate too much Vitamin D in your body from sunlight exposure: your body will self-regulate and only create what it needs.
10. The risk of taking too much supplemental Vitamin D3 is very low. In fact, a person would need to consume large quantities of Vitamin D3 each day, over a period of weeks, before reaching a toxic level. Dr. R. Vieth published an exhaustive review of the toxicity level of Vitamin D3 in 1999, in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, alleviating unfounded fears of low-level toxicity.
11. If it hurts to press firmly on your sternum, you may be suffering from chronic Vitamin D deficiency right now.
12. Vitamin D is “activated” in your body by your kidneys and liver before it can be used. Having kidney disease or liver damage can greatly impair your body’s ability to activate circulating Vitamin D.
13. Even though Vitamin D is one of the most powerful healing chemicals in your body, your body makes it absolutely free. No prescription required.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.