Bottle size: 100 capsules
Suggested adult usage: 1-3 capsules, three times a day with meals. Start with the smaller amount and increase as needed.
Approximate supply: 11-33 days
Are you trying to keep your blood sugar levels in check? When it comes to blood sugar health, Bitter Melon is one of the best herbs known! Actually a fruit, Bitter Melon has been shown to help improve the heath of the pancreas, aid digestion, and help maintain a healthy blood sugar balance. And what is even better? There are NO harmful side effects!!
- Weight: 3.30 Ounces
Bitter Melon, also known as balsam pear, is a tropical fruit (sometimes called a vegetable) widely cultivated in Asia, Africa and South America, and has been used extensively around the world as a natural remedy to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
In Turkey it has been used as a folk remedy for a variety of ailments, particularly stomach complaints.
- Along with other bitter foods, Bitter Melon can help stimulate digestion, making it a useful addition to the diet in individuals with constipation or sluggish digestion. It also helps boost metabolism and nutrient absorption!
- Studies indicate that Bitter Melon may help protect the heart and nervous system by reducing inflammation throughout the body.
- Bitter Melon helps stimulate the breakdown of fat in the body and assists in managing weight gain related to fluctuations in blood sugar levels.
- Studies also suggest that Bitter Melon may play a role in controlling the production of insulin by the body, thus promoting healthy blood sugar control. In fact, to date, nearly 100 scientific studies have demonstrated the powerful effects of this fruit! Some of the documented studies show that Bitter Melon enhances cells’ uptake of glucose, promotes insulin release, and enhances the effect of insulin on the body.
Bitter Melon has an “exercise-like” effect on the body!
When you exercise, it activates an enzyme called AMPK (a protein well known for regulating fuel metabolism and enabling glucose uptake) in muscle, which in turn, helps move glucose transporters to the cell surface. This is a very important step in the uptake of glucose from circulation into the tissues of the body, and is a major reason that exercise is recommended to help promote healthy blood sugar levels. Here’s where it gets interesting! Bitter Melon contains four very promising compounds that appear to work the same way on AMPK, in that, when you ingest them, they activate this enzyme, just like if you had gotten up and done aerobics! (However, Bitter Melon is not a substitute for regular exercise.)
Full of Powerful Nutrients!!
- Bitter Melon contains a wide variety of vitamins and minerals! Rich in iron, Bitter Melon has twice the beta-carotene of broccoli, twice the calcium of spinach, twice the potassium of bananas, and contains: vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, and C, phosphorus, and dietary fiber.
- Bitter Melon contains a substance called charantin – an insulin-like peptide and also lectins – non-digestible sugar- binding proteins which reduce the amount of sugar absorbed by the digestive system. Both of these work together to help promote a healthy blood sugar level!
“I’ve always suffered from what I assumed were blood sugar swings and episodes of low energy, so I thought I would try Bitter Melon and see if it would help. I didn’t notice much the first couple days, but after about the third day I noticed that I had more energy the whole day and didn’t get weak, shaky, or tired when I normally do. I kept taking the Bitter Melon and three months later I rarely, if ever, notice feeling that way. I love the all-day energy!!” ~ Y.D.
How soon will I see benefits with Bitter Melon?
While other popular OTC or prescription products may provide instant, temporary symptom relief, they often do not address the underlying problem responsible for the health issue. Bitter Melon, like many other natural herbal supplements, provides progressive, long-term benefits by helping the body correct the underlying problem rather than only alleviating the symptoms.
There are certain classes of herbs that work well in acute conditions to provide quick relief; however, herbs like Bitter Melon need to be taken for at least 3-4 weeks before the benefits of taking it can be experienced. It can take anywhere between 3 months and a year to experience the full range of benefits Bitter Melon can provide. This product works best when taken as part of a health maintenance program that includes a sensible diet and moderate exercise regimen.
• Do not take if you are pregnant. Bitter Melon can stimulate menstruation.
• Bitter Melon has a mild blood thinning effect on the body. Individuals on blood thinning products should consult their doctor before taking this supplement.
• Individuals with a G6PD deficiency should not take Bitter Melon.
• There is a potential for additive effects when Bitter Melon is combined with insulin or oral hypoglycemic agents. Monitor your blood sugar closely if you are on blood sugar-lowering medications while taking Bitter Melon.