Cholesterol Support – 90 caplets
Bottle size: 90 caplets
Suggested adult usage: 1-2 caplets about 30 minutes before each meal (3 times a day).
Approximate supply: 15-30 days
Cholesterol Support is a blend of vitamins, herbs, and whole foods that together promote a natural balance of cholesterol throughout the body. It helps maintain a healthy circulatory system, supports adequate blood flow to extremities, and encourages an oxygen-rich blood supply.
- Weight: 5.00 Ounces
What is cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a fatty substance – also known as a lipid – that is found in body tissues and blood that makes up an important part of the outer lining of cells. Cholesterol is the main precursor in the formation of many crucial hormones including vitamin D3 (the sunlight hormone); the steroid hormones cortisol, cortisone, and aldosterone in the adrenal glands; and the sex hormones progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone. Without cholesterol, we cannot live. It is crucial for hormone production and normal cell function. So, contrary to what you may have been told, cholesterol is not bad! Cholesterol is actually good and essential!
The dangerous side of cholesterol:
When the body is under assault (from chronic exposure to fungi, bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, and environmental contaminants), blood vessels may become damaged. Cholesterol helps repair arterial damage by sealing up the damage. When the body is chronically injured or inflamed, cholesterol can build up excessively, leading to plaque forming along the artery walls. The arteries then become so narrow that blood can’t get through. Reduced blood circulation can then lead to life threatening issues. Normally, the body does a good job of balancing cholesterol. Cholesterol is constantly recycled and replenished by the liver and gallbladder. The liver recycles and replenishes cholesterol, while the gallbladder acts like a storage unit. When the body needs more cholesterol, the gallbladder is triggered to release its store.
What’s the difference between LDL and HDL?
The only way that cholesterol can flow through the body is by binding to proteins that carry it back and forth between the liver, gallbladder, and body cells. These are called high-density lipoproteins (HDL) and low-density lipoproteins (LDL). Think of them as taxis for cholesterol. High-density lipoproteins (HDL) are considered good because they carry cholesterol away from the arteries and back to the liver so it can be recycled. On the other hand, low-density lipoproteins (LDL) carry cholesterol away from the liver out to the cells that need cholesterol. Because low-density lipoproteins transport cholesterol to the arteries, an excess amount of LDL can mean an over-accumulation of cholesterol in the arteries. That’s why high LDL cholesterol is considered bad for your heart.
Cholesterol Support is the natural way to help the body maintain healthy cholesterol levels!!
So what does that mean?
The goal of managing cholesterol is to essentially balance the traffic flow of cholesterol. By increasing your good HDL cholesterol and lowering your bad LDL cholesterol, you’re creating a smooth, steady flow of cholesterol for your body’s cells. The key is to balance both cholesterol levels.
The Cholesterol Support Formula Includes:
Plant Sterols – Promote healthy cholesterol levels by reducing cholesterol absorption in the intestines. On a molecular level, sterols and stanols look a lot like cholesterol. So when they travel through your digestive tract, they get in the way. They can prevent real cholesterol from being absorbed into your bloodstream. Instead of clogging up your arteries, the cholesterol just goes out with the waste!
- Commiphora Molmol (Myrrh) – Helps to promote healthy levels of lipoproteins, cholesterol levels, triglycerides, and LDL cholesterol. The properties of guggul, gugulipid and guggulsterone (well known for their healthy effect on cholesterol), are derived from myrrh.
- Soybean Extract – Soybeans contain isoflavones that have a beneficial balancing effect on the cholesterol levels.
- Oat Bran – Helps promote healthy cholesterol levels by reducing cholesterol absorption in the intestines.
- Inositol – A form of the B-vitamin, niacin, which has long been used to increase the “good” (HDL) cholesterol. HDL cholesterol helps sweep up the “bad” cholesterol from your bloodstream.
- Psyllium Husks – This food appears to reduce the amount of cholesterol absorbed in the intestine after ingesting cholesterol-rich foods. This leaves less to circulate in the bloodstream, and potentially attach to artery walls.
- Chromium (as polynicotinate) – Chromium is needed by the body in order to handle fats and sugars correctly (which makes it ideal for helping with weight loss and cholesterol support).
- Odorless Garlic Extract – Helps to keep HDL and LDL levels in a healthy balance.
- Vitamin B-6 – Helps to decrease the rate at which good cholesterol is damaged through oxidation.
- Pantethine – A form of vitamin B5, pantethine is a key factor in cholesterol production and utilization in the body.
- Artichoke Extract – Artichoke has strong choleretic activity (promotes bile secretion in the liver), and choleretics increase the excretion of cholesterol and decrease the manufacture of cholesterol in the liver.
- Soy Lecithin – Increases bile secretions, helping flush out excess cholesterol.
- Grapeseed Extract – Helps balance good and bad cholesterol levels.